announcement of freerouter

Łukasz Bromirski lukasz at bromirski.net
Thu Dec 31 01:55:15 UTC 2015

> On 31 Dec 2015, at 01:54, Jimmy Hess <mysidia at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Dec 29, 2015 at 1:29 PM, Mel Beckman <mel at beckman.org> wrote:
>> Amazing what the proprietary appropriation of a single Word can do :)
>
> Yes.... I'm quite bothered by that.   As far as I'm concerned  "Router
> OS"  refers to whatever operating system drives a router.

I believe Mikrotik is using "RouterOS" and "RouterBOARD" as registered trademarks, not generic "router os".

The problem however is, that according to google search (I may be wrong here), the trademark was eventually never registered:

https://trademarks.justia.com/771/58/routeros-77158105.html

Anyway, let's concentrate on the source code and solution provided (further referred as "meat"), and let parties involved sort out the trademarks, copyrights and other issues (further referred as to "slack" ;)) themselves.

--
./