Netflix stuffing data on pipe

Ca By cb.list6 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 30 15:49:39 UTC 2015

On Tuesday, December 29, 2015, Josh Reynolds <josh at kyneticwifi.com> wrote:

> Adaptive bandwidth detection.

Yes,  ABR video attempts to fill the entire channel

This has been problematic as peak edge speeds have increased and pushed the
statistical multplexing logic / plans.

There is also buffer bloat issues that exacerbate the problem by allowing
elephant flows to be too greedy at the expsense of others on the access
segment