ridiculous problems getting an ATT circuit port mode changed

Joe Maimon jmaimon at ttec.com
Wed Dec 30 02:13:59 UTC 2015

Apparently there is still raison d'etre for everyone not a giant telco.

We placed the circuit with tagging expected for the service vlan.

We got it delivered without.

We requested it be changed.

Apparently that takes a change order, which when it is finally filed,
takes 7-10BD to complete.

However, there is another complication. The vlan has to be different or
the order cant be accepted, since the vlan is in use.

Options presented range from just reconfigure all your equipment, use it
without the tag, reorder the UNI and expect at least a week of downtime.

This when we all know, and the TAC group flat out confirmed, the change
is a push of button, a flick of a switch, a twist of a knob, etc, etc..

I view circuits with such change difficulties as liabilities.

Does anyone know anybody over in ATT land who can sort through this
nonsense?

Thanks and enjoy the holidays!

Joe