Broadband Router Comparisons

Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu Valdis.Kletnieks at vt.edu
Mon Dec 28 02:27:59 UTC 2015

On Sun, 27 Dec 2015 17:56:02 -0800, Mike said:

> NO SUCH DEVICE EXISTS, because you can't afford it. If I were to take
> you seriously however - and we're talking about eliminating all excuses
> and simply getting down to it and making a marginally qualified showing
> at expecting uninterrupted service - the entire environment is what has
> to be solved.

OK. Now repeat the process, but specify something that isn't enterprise
quality, but *does* let you do basic diagnostics from the help desk or NOC.
Does it answer ping?  What's the signal quality? Does it need a push of
updated firmware?  What traffic load is it seeing?

That should get you 95% of the way there, at only 0.5% of the cost.