de-peering for security sake

Mike Hammett nanog at ics-il.net
Fri Dec 25 14:18:36 UTC 2015

To the thread, not necessarily Daniel, if blocking countries\continents is a bad thing (not saying I disagree), how do you deal with the flood of trash? Just take it on the chin?

The degree of splash damage by blocking this way will vary based upon what kind of network you are. Residential eyeballs? You could probably block most of a lot of things and people wouldn't notice or care, as long as it wasn't Google, Facebook, Netflix, etc.

-----
Mike Hammett
Intelligent Computing Solutions
http://www.ics-il.com