de-peering for security sake

Joel Jaeggli joelja at bogus.com
Fri Dec 25 04:40:36 UTC 2015

While you have a great deal of control over what prefixes you choose to accept... You have very little control over your advertised prefixes once they exit your ASN. Maybe your transits offer communities to control their peer advertisements. In general assuming you're paying for the Internet cone, you have a vested interest in them propagating everywhere otherwise the party that is partitioned is you.

Sent from my iPhone