interconnection costs

Reza Motamedi motamedi at cs.uoregon.edu
Tue Dec 22 19:11:36 UTC 2015

Thanks guys for the replies.

I wanted to clarify two things in my questions. First by peering I did not
necessarily mean "settlement free" interconnection. I meant any inter-AS
connection. My understanding is that in addition to the cost of transit
that should be paid to the transit provider, there also exists the cost of
the xconnect that is charged by the colocation provider. Secondly, my
question was more about the expenses, as opposed to the technical
costs/benefits. I have browsed through the "Peering Playbook", but I think
its more about providing a case "settlement free" peering.

Best Regards
Reza Motamedi (R.M)
Graduate Research Fellow
Oregon Network Research Group