Nat

Mark Andrews marka at isc.org
Mon Dec 21 19:12:42 UTC 2015

We already have CPE vendors shipping with "guest" ssids.  These
require a seperate /64 and are usually treated as external to the
home network.  With IPv4 you grab a seperate chunck of rfc1918 space
and nat that as well as the main chuck of space.  For IPv6 you need
multiple /64s from the ISP.  A single /64 is not enough.  This is
all done with a point and click interface.

If you are a ISP that supplies a single /64 then you really should
stop showing your lack of clue to all and sundry by supplying
multiple /64s.

If you are a ISP that doesn't supply IPv6 at all then you really
are not doing your job as a ISP.

Mark

In message <4102D692-A315-4C38-A2CB-54F96999E251 at lboro.ac.uk>, Alan Buxey write
s: