Nat

Chuck Church chuckchurch at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 19:27:33 UTC 2015

-----Original Message-----
From: NANOG [mailto:nanog-bounces at nanog.org] On Behalf Of Matthew Petach
Sent: Thursday, December 17, 2015 1:59 PM
Cc: North American Network Operators' Group <nanog at nanog.org>
Subject: Re: Nat

>I'm still waiting for the IETF to come around to allowing feature parity between IPv4 and IPv6 when it comes to DHCP.

And that recent thread on prefix delegation doesn't really leave a good taste in one's mouth about how to delegate a /56 or a /48 to a CPE, and get that/those prefix(s) in your (ISP) routing tables.  Given that 99.999% of home users would be fine with a delegation of a single /64 and a single subnet I'm tempted to do that for now and let the DHCP-PD ink dry for a while so CPE support can follow up.

Chuck