Nat

Matthew Petach mpetach at netflight.com
Thu Dec 17 18:59:03 UTC 2015

On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 5:22 PM, Randy Bush <randy at psg.com> wrote:
>> We need to put some pain onto everyone that is IPv4 only.
>
> this is the oppress the workers so they will revolt theory.

Ah, yes, the workers are quite revolting!

> load of crap.
>
> make ipv6 easier to deploy, especially in enterprise.  repeat the
> previous sentence 42 times.

I'm still waiting for the IETF to come around
to allowing feature parity between IPv4 and IPv6
when it comes to DHCP.  The stance of not
allowing the DHCP server to assign a default
gateway to the host in IPv6 is a big stumbling
point for at least one large enterprise I'm aware
of.  Right now, the biggest obstacle to IPv6
deployment seems to be the ivory-tower types
in the IETF that want to keep it pristine, vs
allowing it to work in the real world.

> what keeps the cows in the pasture is the quality of the grass not
> the height of the fence.
>
> randy

Randy, I would happily appoint you as CIG-Q,
the Chief Inspector of Grass Quality.    ;)

Matt