Binge On! - And So This is Net Neutrality?

Chris Adams cma at cmadams.net
Thu Dec 10 19:32:25 UTC 2015

Once upon a time, Christopher Morrow <morrowc.lists at gmail.com> said:
> On Thu, Dec 10, 2015 at 1:07 PM, William Kenny
> <william.r.kenny at gmail.com> wrote:
> > is that still net neutrality?
>
> who cares? mobile was excepted from the NN rulings.

Any why the desire for extra regulation for Internet services?

Shippers (you know, actual Common Carriers) do things like this all the
time, especially when they are busy (congested).  I had a package ship
Tuesday; it sat at the receiving location for 24 hours before the first
move, then it reached my city early this morning, but since I didn't pay
extra for timed delivery (and the shipper doesn't have special
arrangements), it didn't go on a truck today.  I should get it tomorrow.

I could have paid more to get it faster, and some large-scale shippers
have special arrangements that seem to get their packages priority.  How
is this different from Internet traffic?

--
Chris Adams <cma at cmadams.net>