Binge On! - And So This is Net Neutrality?

William Kenny william.r.kenny at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 18:07:17 UTC 2015

In related news, Verizon and ATT WILL be charging their data partners:
http://arstechnica.com/business/2015/12/verizon-to-test-sponsored-data-let-companies-pay-to-bypass-data-caps/

"Verizon is reportedly set to begin testing a sponsored data program that
would let companies pay Verizon to deliver online services without using up
customers' data plans. The news comes from aRe/code interview
<http://recode.net/2015/12/09/verizon-to-start-testing-toll-free-data-in-coming-days/>
with
Verizon Executive VP Marni Walden. “The capabilities we’ve built allow us
to break down any byte that is carried across our network and have all or a
portion of that sponsored,” Walden told Re/code."

is that still net neutrality?