Google Chrome 47.0.2526.73M broken NTLM proxy authentication

Seth Mos seth.mos at dds.nl
Mon Dec 7 07:58:51 UTC 2015

A quick update, Google Chrome engineering did cut a new release with a
fix for this but it's not available yet.

The current workaround is to shrink your return headers smaller then
4096 bytes to prevent the authentication popup.

Get ready for a rough monday morning, we've already had to field quite a
few calls, and the GPO policy doesn't work, yay.

Dear Google, your internet browser doesn't browse the internet, please
make haste.

Kind regards,

Seth