IPv6 Cogent vs Hurricane Electric

Max Tulyev maxtul at netassist.ua
Mon Dec 7 00:24:44 UTC 2015

On 04.12.15 01:19, Baldur Norddahl wrote:
> On 1 December 2015 at 20:23, Max Tulyev <maxtul at netassist.ua> wrote:
>> I have to change at least one of my uplinks because of it, which one is
>> better to drop, HE or Cogent?
>>

> Question: Why would you have to drop one of them? You have no problem if
> you have both.

Because of money, isn't it? I don't want to pay twice!

> Even in the case of a link failure to one of them, you will likely not see
> a big impact since everyone else also keeps multiple transits. You will
> only have trouble with people that are single homed Cogent or HE, in which
> case it is more them having a problem than you.

As I fully implement IPv6 on my net, I got a HUGE impact already. That's
the problem.

So as this is not a bug, but a long time story - I relized for me as a
cutomer connectivity from both Hurricane Electric and Cogent is a crap.
So people should avoid both, and buy for example from Level3 and NTT,
which do not have such problem and do not sell me partial connectivity
without any warning before signing the contract.

I'm just a IP transit customer, and I don't give a something for that
wars who is the real Tier1. I just want a working service for my money
instead of answering a hundreds calls from my subscribers!