IPv6 Cogent vs Hurricane Electric

Matthew Petach mpetach at netflight.com
Fri Dec 4 00:58:08 UTC 2015

Or, if you feel that Cogent's stubborn insistence on
partitioning the global v6 internet shouldn't be rewarded
with money, pay someone *other* than cogent for
IPv6 transit and also connect to HE.net; that way
you still have access to cogent routes, but you also
send a subtle economic nudge that says "hey cogent--
trying to get into the tier 1 club by partitioning the
internet isn't a good path for long-term sucess".

Note that this is purely my own opinion, not necessarily
that of my employer, my friends, my family, or even my
cat.  I asked my cat about cogent IPv6, and all I got was
a ghostly hairball as a reply[0].

Matt

[0] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6kEME0CxmtY