Ransom DDoS attack - need help!

Roland Dobbins rdobbins at arbor.net
Thu Dec 3 15:20:26 UTC 2015

On 3 Dec 2015, at 15:15, halp us wrote:

> Based on certain details that I can't reveal here, we believe the
> magnitude of the upcoming attack may be in the several hundred Gbps.

They lie.  The largest attacks we've seen from these threat actors are
in the ~60gb/sec range - which is nothing to shake a stick at, mind.

Many times, they don't follow through.  But you're right to be prepared.

See these two presos:

<https://app.box.com/s/2kpbqfdl1ko3qhfhe4y8ekd1rvj24vfd>

<https://app.box.com/s/r7an1moswtc7ce58f8gg>

> I would really appreciate help in a few areas (primarily with certain
> provider contacts/intros) so we can execute our strategy (which I
> can't reveal here for obvious reasons).

All this super-secret squirrel stuff doesn't help, it's actually a
hindrance.  The short answer is 'upstream ACLs'.

Nevertheless, contact me 1:1 and I'll work to hook you up with the right
folks.