Google Chrome 47.0.2526.73M broken NTLM proxy authentication

Seth Mos seth.mos at dds.nl
Thu Dec 3 08:04:56 UTC 2015

Dear Google,

As of Dec 2nd the Google Chrome 47.0.2526.73M breaks NTLM proxy
authentication. This is unfortunate as nobody can get off the company
network now, which is secure I suppose, but not quite what I had in mind.

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/G_9eXH9c_ns;context-place=forum/chrome

So if anybody gets called that Google Chrome is throwing a
username/password prompt for every website you try, listing the website
as the authentication domain, instead of the proxy server, this is for you.

If you are ahead of the curve, you can make a GPO to disable Chrome
updates for the time being until this is fixed. If the browser already
updated, well, sorry.

Kind regards,

Seth