Data Center operations mail list?

alvin nanog nanogml at Mail.DDoS-Mitigator.net
Mon Aug 17 00:22:01 UTC 2015

hi ya martin

On 08/16/15 at 07:57pm, Martin Hannigan wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 16, 2015 at 3:22 PM, Chris Boyd <cboyd at gizmopartners.com> wrote:
>
> > There seems to be some traction, with 268 members on the NADCOG list so
> > far.

good

> Great! It's a little more complicated than list member count. Consider a
> social media presence as well? While the Facebook isn't designed as mailing
> list or collaboration media, it sort of works communication wise. If there

what kind of "social media presence" is what keep bouncing off my empty head

i can't stand fb/twitter/other-selfie-stuff/utube/etc
( aka too many fake emails from people i dont know pretending to know me )

> were some service like /. for mailing lists (that I knew about) I would
> really like the community thumbs up/thumbs down approach so you can sift

/. seems to have tied itself with fb ... you'd need a major following
before /. accepts and publish your submissions

any comments on the "meetup.com" style ??? ( ?? too big ?? too broad ?? )

one can always create the media/methodology that one wants ??

> through quality vs. quantity. The quality issue has been discussed for
> literally years.

quality/quantify for "dc" content seems okay to start things rolling

magic pixie dust
alvin
#
# Sushi-Critics.net ... social stuff... if you're visiting in silicon valley
# Food-Critics.net .... social stuff... sillicon beach, reno/lasvegas lemme know
#
# ITX-Blades.net ... 10 mini-itx blades in 4U chassis ...
# DDoS-Mitigator.net ..
#