Data Center operations mail list?

Martin Hannigan hannigan at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 17:13:36 UTC 2015

On Tue, Aug 11, 2015 at 3:27 PM, Simon Lockhart <simon at slimey.org> wrote:

> On Tue Aug 11, 2015 at 01:35:28pm -0400, Jay Ashworth wrote:
> > Absolutely feel free to use it; I haven't seen a single message on it
> in...
> > well, it was 3 years ago I was in datacenters regularly, so I'm goin with
> > "3 years".  :-)
>
> There's a message there now... :)
>
> Rather than fragmenting further, I'd suggest building up demand first on
> existing infrastructure. If it gets to the size of NANOG and needing a
> support organisation around it, then it can split off then...

A few of us have been operating and supporting a data center track at the
last 4 or 5 NANOG meetings. The sessions are well attended and the topics
are getting more interesting e.g. real estate, energy management and
interconnection focused.

There is reasonable demand for a forum.  It might need a little marketing
to get a list with traction going.

Best,

-M<