free Tools to monitor website performance

Siraj 'Sid' Rakhada virtualsid at gmail.com
Thu Aug 6 02:34:05 UTC 2015

Hi,

On 6 Aug 2015, at 10:23, sathish kumar Ippani wrote:

> I would like to know is there any free tool or software with I can use
> monitor url performance in terms of response time. Which gives more
> information like how much time it taken to connect the server and time
> load the page and total response time.

You can use smokeping with HTTP probes for some basic checks on this
front. It can do distributed polling too, which is extra handy to ensure
you don't have a localised problem from your monitoring host.

I'm sure you can do more fancy url checks with smokeping, but I've not
delved too deep into it.

Thanks,

Sid