[BULK] Verizon exiting California

Matthew Black Matthew.Black at csulb.edu
Tue Aug 4 21:57:09 UTC 2015

I don't live in a new suburban community with modern utilities. Well, the 50 year-old water main on my street was replaced about 10 years ago. We haven't suffered major flooding like UCLA experienced last year. My house was built in 1930. Much of that telco copper is pushing 70 years old or more. Some is above ground and some is underground. Until recently, the underground vault would flood whenever it rained. The b-box uses screw-type terminals, not even 66 or BIX. Thank you GTE.

matthew black
california state university, long beach