RES: Exploits start against flaw that could hamstring huge swaths of

Scott Helms khelms at zcorum.com
Tue Aug 4 17:01:03 UTC 2015

I don't disagree, but automation usually protects against typing errors, it
doesn't protect against incorrect configurations.  Using multiple vendors
or server software means that your people have to know all of the systems.
There are many cases where, for example, a Cisco like CLI will make a
network engineer think that a command works exactly the same way on another
vendors system when in fact the under the hood implementation is very
different.

It's not always feasible to have the people with the needed skill levels
and automation does not help that at all.