GoDaddy : DDoS : : Contact

Roland Dobbins rdobbins at arbor.net
Mon Aug 3 14:34:50 UTC 2015

On 3 Aug 2015, at 21:19, Stephen Satchell wrote:

> And any half-awake server operator would have turned on SYNCOOKIES a
> long time ago.

I hate to tell you this, but a) SYN-cookies aren't a perfect response,
as servers don't have infinite resources, and b) stateful firewalls go
down *all the time* under DDoS attacks.

It might be a good idea to search the list archives for more on this
phenomenon.

There's also information available in the Arbor WISRs; I think the first
time we explicitly asked in the survey about stateful devices going down
under DDoS was in 2010:

[Warning:  free registration required, but you can opt-out of email as
part of the registration process]

<http://www.arbornetworks.com/resources/infrastructure-security-report>