GoDaddy : DoS :: Contact

Mel Beckman mel at beckman.org
Mon Aug 3 13:46:10 UTC 2015

There are two problems with Source-Based Remote Triggered Black Hole (S/RTBH):

1. From the RFC itself, you by definition sacrifice the victims address:

   3.1. ...While this does "complete" the attack in that the target address(es)
   are made unreachable, collateral damage is minimized.  It may also be
   possible to move the host or service on the target IP address(es) to
   another address and keep the service up, for example, by updating
   associated DNS resource records.

2. No ISP I know of supports it (e.g., via BGP communities)

 -mel