vendor spam OTD

Stephen Satchell list at satchell.net
Tue Apr 28 03:43:20 UTC 2015

On 04/27/2015 08:30 PM, Rob Seastrom wrote:

> Suresh Ramasubramanian <ops.lists at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> though a remarkably persistent one to one, I would suggest procmail,
>> unless you know heâ(TM)s harvested nanog and is sending the same
>> offer mail merged to a bunch of operators.
>
> Gee, it's almost as if by posing a question to nanog@ like "Has anyone
> else received spam from X", I might be trying to ascertain an answer
> to precisely that question.

Key data point:    If the mail was being spammed to NANOG, I would have
received that mail at this address, one of several that I use
specifically for public mailing lists.  The mail I did receive (multiple
e-mail letters, by the way, some of them obvious form letters) came to
my primary work address, which had been used in the past to contact that
company to buy equipment.

So my answer to your precise question would be "no".