IPTV providers in IN/Chicago

Brandon Martin lists.nanog at monmotha.net
Tue Apr 28 01:33:00 UTC 2015

On 04/27/2015 09:08 PM, Rob Seastrom wrote:

> Brandon Martin <lists.nanog at monmotha.net> writes:
>
>> Anyone know of an IPTV provider/wholesaler who I could meet in
>> Indianapolis (Henry St/Lifeline) or Chicago (Cermak/Equinix)?
>
> "IPTV" implies, or used to imply, multicast (or unicast, whichever,
> swap them with a few DCMs) MPEG2-TS feeds.  If that's what you want,
> fine, but if it's not you might want to be a bit more specific.

Yes, I should perhaps clarify.

I'm ideally looking for a provider targeting smaller providers/startups
that has some means at their disposal to deliver conventional cable-like
TV services over my IP-speaking network (could be a separately routed
network or "in-band") to my customers either on a re-branded or
co-billed type basis using IP-speaking, Ethernet-connected (or 802.11)
STBs either supplied by me to provider specifications or by the
aforementioned provider.  The network in question is IPv4 multicast
capable and could somewhat trivially (I think) be IPv6 multicast capable
(it is definitely IPv6 unicast capable).

I am not looking for bulk feeds of content for me to redistribute using
conventional infrastructure as I don't have any at this point.  As the
network this would be going into is greenfield, I have little desire to
run a conventional RF network overlay, though it isn't completely out of
the question.

--
Brandon Martin