Trusted Networks Initiative: DDoS fallback set of AS'es

David Hofstee david at mailplus.nl
Thu Apr 16 10:58:03 UTC 2015

Hi,

I saw the following and thought it would be interesting to share. In case of a persistent DDoS an ASy can fallback to a small set of (more trustable) AS'es for their routing:
http://www.trustednetworksinitiative.nl/

They have a policy with procedural and technical parts, which may be upgraded later, for parties who want to participate:
https://www.thehaguesecuritydelta.com/images/20141124_Trusted_Networks_Policy_beta-vs0_7.pdf

Without having an opinion if everybody in the world should join this (I don't know the desired scope of this group), but the idea is interesting. I had not seen something like it before. Yours sincerely,

David Hofstee

Deliverability Management
MailPlus B.V. Netherlands (ESP)