Open source alternatives to UNINETT Stager for visual netflow peering analysis

Joe Loiacono jloiacon at csc.com
Fri Apr 10 21:06:50 UTC 2015

You could use FlowViewer with the flow-tools underlying collector option
if you're collecting v5 netflow. This will permit you to keep long-term
graphs (ala MRTG - Last 24 hours, Last 7 days, etc.) for each AS peer with
5-minute granularity You can also graph specified time intervals at much
smaller time-bucket sizes.

FlowViewer has an IPFIX (e.g., v9, FNF, etc.) underlying collector also;
SiLK. However, last I checked, SiLK is not collecting AS information.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/flowviewer

Regards,

Joe