G/L Coding for RIR resources

Azinger, Marla Marla.Azinger at FTR.com
Thu Apr 9 19:35:07 UTC 2015

I don’t use a credit card.  I expense through finance

RIR fees go under a Maintenance code
Database stuff would go under a Contractor code

Cheers
Marla

-----Original Message-----
From: NANOG [mailto:nanog-bounces at nanog.org] On Behalf Of Christopher Morrow
Sent: Thursday, April 09, 2015 11:13 AM
To: Bill Blackford
Cc: nanog at nanog.org
Subject: Re: G/L Coding for RIR resources

On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 2:09 PM, Bill Blackford <bblackford at gmail.com> wrote:
> Group. How do your respective bean counting teams code RIR resources,
> ASN's, Addr allocations, etc.? Software subscription? Licensing?

honestly I bet in a lot of places: "Office Supplies"

because:
  1) no one's finance department accounts for this sort of expense request
  2) it ends up on someone's 'corporate card'
  3) this is all easier than explaning to 'finance' how an RIR works and why it's important to pay them this year, again...