Voip encryption

Christopher Morrow morrowc.lists at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 15:04:06 UTC 2015

On Thu, Apr 9, 2015 at 6:21 AM, Simon Brilus <sbrilus at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi - I have a PCIDSs requirement to encrypt VoIP over a 3rd party VPLS
> network. Has anyone dealt with this. I'd really not use VPN's over the VPLS
> so am looking at hardware WAN encrypters.

wait, you don't want to do some VPN thing over the VPLS network links,
but you think that hardware wan encrypters are going to work on the
VPLS links? Did you plan on installing one of these devices at the
carrier facility? and at all the other possible hops along the way?

or were you hoping that the encrypter would not muddle with the L2
payload, but leave the L2 headers intact?