100Gb/s TOR switch

Randy Carpenter rcarpen at network1.net
Wed Apr 8 19:14:47 UTC 2015

The Juniper QFX10002-36Q has 36 40GbE Ports. They can be broken out to up to 144 10GbE ports, or 1/3 of them can be used for 100GbE.

So, if you use 6 100GbE ports and still have 72 10GbE ports.

I have not seen one of these yet in person, but it is the smallest form factor I know of that has that sort of capacity, particularly on the 100GbE.

thanks,
-Randy