Small IX IP Blocks

Charles Gucker cgucker at onesc.net
Sun Apr 5 02:28:00 UTC 2015

I've been involved in IX renumbering efforts because exchange(s)
decided to use /25's instead of /24's.    It's painful because
troubleshooting can be a little difficult as differing subnetmasks are
in play.   If you have the address space, use a /24.    ARIN has IPv4
address space specifically reserved for the use by IXPs.

charles