Question about EX - SRX redundancy

Hugo Slabbert hugo at slabnet.com
Thu Apr 2 18:55:07 UTC 2015

Putting the EXs in a VC and splitting your AEs across the 2x VC members
takes care of that.

EXVC  (ae1)  >> Two Patches to SRX0 (reth1)
EXVC  (ae2)  >> Two Patches to SRX1 (reth1)

...where EXVC is a VC composed of EX0 and EX1, and ae1 and ae2 both have
one member interface from each VC member.

In a failure of EX0 or EX1, your throughput on ae1 and ae2 halves as they
each lose a LAG member, but both SRX0 and SRX1 are still reachable.

--
Hugo