PoC for shortlisted DDoS Vendors

Mohamed Kamal mkamal at noor.net
Thu Apr 2 15:13:07 UTC 2015

Hello Pavel,

I'm certainly biased to the open-source tools if they do the job
required, and I appreciate your effort exerted on this project. However,
based upon what I saw under the "features" list of your tool, I assume
that it can detect only volumetric DDoS attacks based upon anomalies
such as excessive number of packets/bits/connections/flows per second
based upon some previously learnt or set threshold values.

But what about the protocol types of attack, which, in my humble opinion
is becoming more aggressive day after day?

Mohamed Kamal
Core Network Sr. Engineer