BGP offloading (fixing legacy router BGP scalability issues)

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Thu Apr 2 11:10:11 UTC 2015

On 2/Apr/15 13:06, Colin Johnston wrote:
> It is not spam we are talking about,...

I'm aware - but someone mentioned it, so it deserved it's on post.

But having said that...

>  it is bad invalid network packets, bad web traffic probing exploits, bad port traffic looking for open network ports.
> All of this originates in countries not using best practice abuse process, no communication with route config errors, no communication when ddos seen.
> In effect it is a war on bad traffic and country blocks will be in the only way to make people take notice of this problem.

... one man's spam is another man's SSH attacks. So it's really not
about the type of traffic, it's about whether blocking it wholesale on a
commercial network without thought to what customers think.

But as they always say, Your Network, Your Rules.

I say, "What Randy says..."

Mark.