BGP offloading (fixing legacy router BGP scalability issues)

Colin Johnston colinj at gt86car.org.uk
Thu Apr 2 11:06:07 UTC 2015

> Most of the spam I get comes from North America. Go figure. I'm not
> about to cut access to that continent off.
>
> I'd have to consider all other options really exhausted about fixing
> this for myself before I have to go and fix it in the network in a way
> that impacts other customers who may be getting spam from non-North
> American sources, or who enjoy the North American spam…

It is not spam we are talking about, it is bad invalid network packets, bad web traffic probing exploits, bad port traffic looking for open network ports.
All of this originates in countries not using best practice abuse process, no communication with route config errors, no communication when ddos seen.
In effect it is a war on bad traffic and country blocks will be in the only way to make people take notice of this problem.

Colin