BGP offloading (fixing legacy router BGP scalability issues)

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Thu Apr 2 10:49:11 UTC 2015

On 2/Apr/15 12:34, Stefan Neufeind wrote:
> Not fully block / null-route of course. You might however consider to
> not allow ssh-logins from certain countries (if you know what you're
> doing) to avoid noise in the logs, might monitor incoming emails with
> smtp-auth for suspicious activity based on country (of course there can
> always be someone on holiday in those countries) etc.
>
> All I'm saying is that attacks or spam sometimes seem to originate
> mainly from "certain" countries. Judge for yourself what you maybe want
> to use that additional piece of information (geo-location) for - and use
> it wisely.

Most of the spam I get comes from North America. Go figure. I'm not
about to cut access to that continent off.

I'd have to consider all other options really exhausted about fixing
this for myself before I have to go and fix it in the network in a way
that impacts other customers who may be getting spam from non-North
American sources, or who enjoy the North American spam...

Mark.