update

Barry Shein bzs at world.std.com
Mon Sep 29 18:15:32 UTC 2014

On September 28, 2014 at 13:22 jra at baylink.com (Jay Ashworth) wrote:

 > "The Internet is the only endeavour of man in which a single-character
 > typographical error in a file on a computer on the other side of the
 > planet *which you do not even know exists* can take your entire business
 > off line for the better part of a day."
 >
 > -- Someone, in the wake of the (I think) Turkish YouTube BGP hijacking;
 >     damn if I remember who.  I might be embellishing.  :-)

Oh I dunno. I know someone who accidentally brought down the entire
Manhattan phone system (monopoly, pre-mobile days) installing a
carefully tested patch with a hot failover running (oh well, the best
laid schemes o' Mice an' Men, Gang aft agley.)

Sure, that was just Manhattan, and of course everyone on the other
side of those connections.

--
        -Barry Shein

Purveyors to the Trade | Voice: 800-THE-WRLD        | Dial-Up: US, PR, Canada