[VoiceOps] ITFS Term vendor question

Jay Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Wed Sep 17 21:59:51 UTC 2014

---- Original Message -----
> From: "Nick Crocker" <nick.crocker at gmail.com>

> Can someone shed some light on how you might be accomplishing this, I have
> a hard time believing that customers are being told they cannot dial TF
> numbers in their own country.

In the US, it's always been my understanding that what we call INWATS calls
are dipped *at the originating CO*, and the actual toll call across the
SS7/TDM backbone goes out using either the real 10D DN of the target line,
or some fake 10D that routes to the appropriate trunk group somehow at the
destination end.

So it's not that unusual to me that a network that is interfacing at
Class 4, instead of Class 5, might be unable to originate calls to TF DNs.

I admit to not being sure this is a worldwide view of the issue, as our
Wikipedian friends would say, though.

Cheers,
-- jra