Linux: concerns over systemd adoption and Debian's decision to switch

Miles Fidelman mfidelman at meetinghouse.net
Wed Oct 22 16:12:07 UTC 2014

Jeffrey Ollie wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 20, 2014 at 7:48 PM, Israel G. Lugo <israel.lugo at lugosys.com> wrote:
>> Not intending to start a flame war here.
> Bull.  If you've been around the FOSS community even for a short
> while, you'd know that systemd has become a religious topic akin to
> Emacs vs. Vi "discussions" etc.  I realize that many of the people
> that read the NANOG list also use Linux systems, but that's not what I
> come here for.
>
> Please, take the systemd discussions to the mailing lists for your
> distribution of choice.

Seems to me, this has been a very rational discussion, confined to one
very identifiable thread, containing what at least this reader finds
very useful (operational impacts of systemd in server-side environments,
and what alternatives people are looking at).

If you're not interested, you have a delete key.  Please use it, and
don't turn this into a flame war.

Miles Fidelman