Major California Faults Ready To Rupture | IFLScience

Bill Woodcock woody at pch.net
Sat Oct 18 19:22:58 UTC 2014

On Oct 19, 2014, at 2:20 AM, George Herbert <george.herbert at gmail.com> wrote:

> You should restate the "predates"; I was on console on earthquake.berkeley.edu at the time Loma Prieta let go, using among other things (then) Forumnet (now) ICB in a chat, and one of the immediate damage indications was that everyone at UC Santa Cruz dropped offline.

…and I was one of those people at UCSC, who had an interesting little adventure driving home to Berkeley the next day.

Also, there are probably people in Northridge and Napa who might dispute your definition of “major,” but yes,a	 I take your point.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1994_Northridge_earthquake

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Baja_California_earthquake

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_South_Napa_earthquake

                                -Bill