IPv6 Default Allocation - What size allocation are you giving out

Baldur Norddahl baldur.norddahl at gmail.com
Thu Oct 9 20:53:50 UTC 2014

I am sorry if I stepped on something sore. I am not dismissing any
arguments, and I am genuinely interested in any advantages and
disadvantages to the approach. There is more than one way to design a
network and all I am saying is this far it is working great for me. The two
disadvantages put forward so far have not been of any consequences in my
network.

But I am concerned that you say that I am still vulnerable to NDP attacks.
Could you elaborate on that please?

About loopback not being an unique identifier, please remember that none of
the IP addresses on a host is that. An IP address belongs to the host, not
the interface. Creating addresses on interfaces is just an alias for
creating the same address as loopback and adding a net route on the
interface. Don't believe me? Try it out!

"I can’t help that your equipment is ill-behaved at best."

That is not ill-behaved. It is the correct behavior. Try unplugging the
netcable from your computer - you will NOT lose the IP-address unless you
have a DHCP daemon that takes it away.

Regards,

Baldur