rz.verisign-grs.com root zone ftp access

Blaine Fleming groups at digital-z.com
Tue May 27 23:21:10 UTC 2014

On 5/20/14, 11:53 PM, John Levine wrote:
> In article <537C1F17.6070307 at digital-z.com> you write:
>> On 5/20/14, 4:21 PM, Brandon Applegate wrote:
>>> Is anyone using this and having failed login for a few days now ?  I�ve been mirroring the root
>> zone(s) for years and I just started getting failures in my logs.  I emailed an address I found on
>> the Verisign website but so far dead air.  If anyone knows of a more pointed email POC that would
>> actually have clue about this that would be awesome.
>>
>> I have been experiencing this problem as well but have not had a chance
>> to look into it.  It stopped working some time between May 15th and May
>> 16th.  If you find out anything, please let me know!
>
> When I had problems like this a while ago, I found their support
> people to be quite responsive.  Try writing them at
> tldzone at verisign-grs.com or call the support number on the web site
> 703-925-6999.
>
> If you're not using your password to download the .COM or .NET zones,
> it is my impression that they will eventually turn off your password
> because they think you're not using it.
>
> R's,
> John

Just wanted to follow-up on this issue.  I was actively using it every
day to fetch the .COM and .NET TLD zone files.  Sent multiple emails to
tldzone at verisign-grs.com with no response.  Finally reached out to them
via chat and was informed that I needed to execute a new zone file
access agreement because they needed updated information for me.  New
agreement has been submitted so we will see what they say this time.  If
anyone else is still having problems then you probably need to do the same.

--Blaine