Cogent / Internap issue ??

John Weekes jw at nuclearfallout.net
Tue May 27 20:59:22 UTC 2014

On 5/27/2014 11:24 AM, Matthew Huff wrote:
> We are having troubles reaching services on the other side of cogent/internap peering. Anyone else seeing issues?

We haven't seen Cogent-related issues at SEF today and that IP address
is currently pingable through the Cogent looking glass. From your trace,
Internap's equipment is reachable and responding (the two last hops are
Internap-controlled), so the actual endpoint network (beyond Internap)
seems to be either explicitly filtering your source or sending traffic
back to it over a different and broken path.

The Internap NOC is responsive when it comes to investigating routing
problems, so they're a good place to turn for such concerns. If you're
having problems reaching them or would like some external help in
exploring the problem from inside and outside that PNAP, shoot me an
email off-list.

-John