Observations of an Internet Middleman (Level3) (was: RIP

Scott Helms khelms at zcorum.com
Fri May 16 19:44:55 UTC 2014

Mark,

 I don't think that anyone disputes that when you improve the upstream you
do get an uptick in usage in that direction.  What I take issue with is the
notion that the upstream is anything like downstream even when the capacity
is there.  Upstream on ADSL is horribad, especially the first generations
(g.lite and g.dmt).

Scott Helms
Vice President of Technology
ZCorum