Residential CPE suggestions

Steven Miano mianosm at gmail.com
Tue May 6 13:02:02 UTC 2014

You could also go Supermicro, and build out a 1U with SFP/Copper
connections and put VyOS/vyatta as a linux based routing platform....

....going that way you'll be strictly CPU/software bound though (Intel
wrote up this interesting report:
http://www.csit-sun.pub.ro/~cpop/Documentatie_SM/Intel_Microprocessor_Systems/Intel_ProcessorNew/Intel%20White%20Paper/Integrating%20Services%20at%20the%20Edge%20for%20Intel%20Xeon%205500.pdfwhich
is no longer available on their site seemingly).

Totally built out you'd be looking at high triple digits (the SFP PCIe card
and chassis/motherboard would be your biggest hits).

--
<http://stevenmiano.com/> Miano, Steven M.
http://stevenmiano.com