Shared Transition Space VS. BGP Next Hop [was: Re: Best practices IPv4/IPv6 BGP (dual stack)]

Mark Tinka mark.tinka at seacom.mu
Tue May 6 09:34:12 UTC 2014

On Tuesday, May 06, 2014 11:27:09 AM Rajiv Asati (rajiva)
wrote:

> Segment routing (SR) could/would certainly work with
> single-stack v6 and enable MPLS forwarding.

Certainly, but based on the Paris meeting, it was not high
up on the agenda.

So we will, likely, have to rely on other solutions and wait
for SR to catch up later.

At the moment, it seems SR is being pushed hard for PCEP as
well as SDN.

Mark.