misunderstanding scale (was: Ipv4 end, its fake.)

Owen DeLong owen at delong.com
Tue Mar 25 00:42:23 UTC 2014

IPv4 has already been trading around $10/address.

So the prices quoted a while back don’t make much sense to me.

Further, could you please quantify “vast”? How many /8 equivalents in
a “vast number”?

Until they ran out, APNIC was issuing approximately 1.5 /8s per month.

How long, exactly, do you expect 3.2 billion unicast addresses to provide
enough addressing for 6.8+ billion people?

Owen