Level 3 blames Internet slowdowns on ISPs' refusal to upgrade networks | Ars Technica

Blake Hudson blake at ispn.net
Sun Mar 23 15:06:12 UTC 2014

This is exactly my point. If a subscriber can use the service for 30
consecutive days and never achieve the "8Mbps" because the network is
incapable by design, or by virtue of its over subscription is
statistically impossible of delivering it, then I believe this is false
advertising. I, and most others, accept that when a service is marketed
as "up to", the service may not always deliver the "up to" number. But
if the service is marketed as "up to" any number, then the service
should at least be capable of delivering that advertised number some
reasonable fraction of the time; Never is not a reasonable fraction of
the time.

--Blake