[ PRIVACY Forum ] Critical crypto bug leaves Linux, hundreds of apps open to eavesdropping

Tom Morris blueneon at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 23:11:53 UTC 2014

Been spending most of the day scrubbing away that vuln in my facility
here.... now here's the fun part: imagine just how many embedded devices
(most of which get orphaned from a software maintenance perspective the
moment they hit the store shelves) are gonna have this flaw. There's been
the discussion of crappy home broadband CPE...

Only a matter of time before someone fakes the certificate and breaks a
"trusted" software update method, or heck... a dns explot + fake
certificate = several million compromised payment card terminals.

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 4:58 PM, jim deleskie <deleskie at gmail.com> wrote:

> Doing some serious adjusting of my tinfoil today over his :)
>
> -jim
>

> On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 5:03 PM, Jay Ashworth <jra at baylink.com> wrote:

Tom Morris, KG4CYX
Mad Scientist and Operations Manager, WDNA-FM 88.9 Miami - Serious Jazz!
786-228-7087
151.820 Megacycles